Torrance, CA - Usually it's moving…down a race track, through the sweepers and chicanes. But in less than two short weeks, the road race Scion tC that took second in the nation, will be in temporary freeze frame at the SEMA show. The car is to be featured in Energy Suspension's booth in Central Hall in booth number 23657, just across the aisle from the General Motors display.
Featured in the booth will be in-car video from the National Championship Race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Just last month, the team made history by capturing second place and securing a national podium finish—a first for a Scion in road racing.
"A lot of cars at SEMA showcase products and are all very cool in their own right," said driver, Dan Gardner. "But our car is all about performance on the track. Everything on the car, including the great Energy polyurethane bushings and motor mounts, serves an important purpose. We're excited to have people check the car out, and see that a Scion can compete toe-to-toe with the best road racing cars in the country."
The JD Scion tC is currently fitted with:
- Scion-supplied OE and TRD parts
- Energy Suspension bushings and motor mounts
- Nitto 235/40R17 and 225/45R17 NT-01 tires
- Enkei RPF1 17x8 wheels
- Recaro Pole Position Seats
- Progress Technology coilovers, rear swaybar, and camber bolts
- Dezod-supplied AEM standalone engine management, plug and play harness and stainless clutch line
- Centerforce clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel
- Kaminari carbon fiber roof
- NST underdrive pulleys and shifter bushings
- AIT carbon fiber hood
- Wild Pony Motorsports-supplied camber/caster plates
- Goodridge stainless brake lines and oil cooler fittings and lines
- Carbotech XP10 and XP8 brake pads
- G-Force 5-point harnesses, racing suit, gloves, and helmet
- TRD limited slip differential, thermostat, and crank pulley bolt
- DC Sports Header
- AEM wideband O2 sensor and controller
- HoseTechniques silicone hoses, couplers, and clamps
- Motul brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, and super coolant
- RobiSpec brake ducting
In addition, tire mounting, balancing, and repair are performed by America's Tire Co., tuning is done by i-Speed, alignment is performed by M-Workz, car care products are supplied by Mothers Polish, body work is done by Royalty Auto Body, team clothing is supplied by turn3, and dyno testing services are done by Harman Motive.
Jackson-Dawson Communications (JD) is a 25-year-old privately held company that provides creative and strategic services to a range of national clients. Core competencies include retail training, event marketing, marketing services, business theater, video and media production services, meeting planning, print graphic and design services, staging service and vehicle management.
With corporate offices in Detroit, MI, Jackson-Dawson also maintains offices in Torrance and Irvine, CA, Manhattan, NY, and Spring Hill, TN. Jackson-Dawson owns and operates several divisions: Peloton Creative Group, BenMar Communications, Drivers Talk Radio and Drivers Talk Testing.